Welcome to our new website! Watch for additions daily and sign up for your favorite workshop today!
This class is a compilation of techniques I have learned from a few talented metalsmiths and some I have added to optimize the creation of the these personalized rolling mill texture plates.
You will learn the following:
1) Create your own personal designs using Silhouette software and its cutting machine with heavy duty vinyl. We will discuss your desired design prior to the class date so that we may determine the most suitable and determine the size plates needed. The supplies fee includes 4 plates per person. If time permits you will be able to make additional plates.
2) Choose the best shape and prep your pieces of cold rolled steel to suit your designs.
3) Placement and fixture of the designs on the plate.
4) Prepare the etching container, chemicals, and etching environment.
5) Begin and monitor the etching process.
6) Clean up your designs and test them on a hand powered or electric rolling mill and copper sheet.
The Artisans' Workbench will provide all the supplies, containers, pumps, heat, and safety gear needed.
Wear closed toed shoes, keep long hair away from your face. No loose sleeves and bring eyewear if needed for close up work.
Please arrive 15 minutes prior to the workshop start time.
There will be a break midway during this 8 hour class. You may bring your lunch or enjoy a catered meal at $13 per person.